Piano Lessons


I took piano lessons as a young girl until my love for ballet overcame my love for piano, at which point I ditched piano and grand jeted (sp? it's French; who knows?) my way into 3 years of ballet lessons.


A lot of good that did me.


Sure, those years of ballet were some of my most enjoyable, and I can now pirhouette or arabesque my way around my kitchen (and I do, believe me!), but what does that really gain me other than strange looks from my family?


Matt and Jen recently upgraded pianos and kindly offered us their old one. I have been wanting to play the piano again for a while, but up til now had no way to practice. (Air piano only gets you so far!) And graciously, Jen has offered to teach me piano lessons! I have a lot of bad piano habits that will need to be corrected, but she's willing to try, and I'm willing to learn! Hopefully soon I will be playing hymns! Practice time will be my biggest hurdle.


Here goes!

Comments

Carrie said…
I really wish I could play the piano too. While we were in MI, Mike's mom who plays the piano really well got me a piano book and I have started to teach myself and I am finding there is so much I don't know..like there is more than one starting hand position? No wonder my teachers always started be at the beginning of the book. Anyway good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth