Noah's Third Birthday

Still in his pj's, he was so excited to receive his fishing pole



Telling me about the fish he was going to catch. "It's going to be THIS BIG!"

It was a long wait until the water came up and he could test it out.


At his party in the evening, opening gifts. Sunglasses are always cool gifts!



His cake. (yes, I had a small piece.)






Opening his card. There was a check inside, and I said, "Oh Noah! What did you get?" He looked bewildered and said, "A receipt!" When we told him it was money, he lit up. :)



Playing with his MegaBlocks truck he got


As much as I would have liked to post this on his actual birthday, life got in the way, so it had to wait.

My little boy turned 3 years old yesterday and couldn't have been happier about it! In his mind, he's now one step closer to 6 years old. This is key because, at six, our local batting cage will let you bat. No joke. Consequently, he now thinks that 6 years old is the pinnacle of Big-Kiddishness, and that magically on his sixth birthday he will then be "abley" (able) to carry Daddy's backpack leaf blower, go down to the water and ride the jet-ski, mow the lawn all by himself, and bat at the batting cages (let's not forget about that!).

But he's only 3 right now, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. *wink*.
In addition to the pictures above, I thought I'd add a few tidbits about my halfway-to-six-year-old that you'd like to know, and that I'd like to remember for the future. Here goes:

My favorite words and expressions that Noah uses these days are: "Actually" and "I'm sorry, what?" (that one he picked up from yours truly).

Noah continues to talk and move every waking minute. The chatter is astounding, really. As a person who doesn't speak much, and craves silence, it can be a bit overwhelming to me at times. He loves to explain things, as if you don't know how things work, and he LOVES to ask "why" about everything.
He assumes that I know everyone in the world. We'll pass a random car, and he'll say "who was that, Mommy?" I say, "I don't know, Noah." and he says, "But what's their name?"

He thinks that television is real life. We'll be watching a movie (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, for example) and at stressful parts, he'll say "I don't want to be in there, Mommy!" or "Is that bad guy going to get me?"

Noah loves routine. Loves. It. As in, I'd be tempted to think he's borderline OCD at times. The bookmark has to be "just so" in the book. The blocks don't go there, they go over there! (2 feet over). He needs to sit in the same chair at mealtimes or at church. Rain Man, anyone? I can only assume that this attention to detail is my fault, for doing it the same way for him all the time. Oops.

He loves people; children especially. I've never met such a social, un-shy child. I thought that might change as he got older, and it still may, but for now he's never met a stranger. He will talk to anybody about anything. It's wonderful and scary all at the same time.

Happy Birthday, Noah! I'm so thankful that the Lord placed you in our arms 3 years ago!


Comments

Carrie said…
It's so nice to see that little boy so happy. My Abe reminds me of him in looks but he is closer to Caleb's personality...maybe its more of a first born thing. Or maybe it us schedule, quiet moms they help foster these things in our children. Glad he had a great birthday. The cake looked good too!
Carrie said…
It's so nice to see that little boy so happy. My Abe reminds me of him in looks but he is closer to Caleb's personality...maybe its more of a first born thing. Or maybe it us schedule, quiet moms they help foster these things in our children. Glad he had a great birthday. The cake looked good too!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth