Fevers Aren't So Hot

Noah suddenly came down with a fever today; totally unexpected and seemingly out of the blue!

We were cleaning house together and he was his normal effervescent self, but just sort of lost steam at the end. Totally out of character, he sat limply on the couch to watch a video with his eyes half-open. I asked if he wanted to go outside with me to play, and when he said, "No," well I knew something was wrong. He doesn't ever turn down invitations to play outside. One touch to his skin told me he was feverish.

102.5 to be exact.

He's been complaining that his neck hurts (!), so I'm watching him closely to see if he gets any worse. So far the fever and aches are his only symptoms. We've been sitting on the couch a lot today, and he's had 2 lukewarm/cool baths along with his tylenol and juice. Hasn't been hungry.

It's the kind of thing that really takes the wind out of your sails. I hate that he feels so yucky.

But I know that the Lord knows even about things like this! I'm praying Noah will feel better soon.

Comments

Ruth said…
I hope Noah feels better soon. Paul and I have fevers now, and Nadia had one last week. Ian has a double eye infection.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth