But Wait, There's More!







You know those ads on tv telling you about THE most innovative, exciting product? Just when you think it's already impossibly overloaded with benefits and gizmos, the rabid announcer bellows out, "But wait, there's MORE!" We've had a weekend kind of like that.

1. Josh's brother Dave came on Friday to spend the holiday weekend with us.
2. Brianne's 2nd birthday was on Saturday.
3. We celebrated Independence Day on Sunday afternooon with a church picnic at our house, followed by our own fireworks show off the end of our dock in the evening.

But wait, there's MORE!

4. Today, Jen went into labor!

Is that enough excitement for you? Let me hit those numbers again in a little more detail...

1. Hearing that Dave was coming for the weekend made me so excited. We haven't seen him in a while, and we miss him! While he was here, we enjoyed jet ski rides, motorcycle rides, fixing up a motorcycle, and talking with him for a while. Noah especially found a friend in Uncle Dave, who took him for dirtbike rides and even took him to the beach today!! Forever friends now, those two. :) We had a nice visit and hope he comes again soon! Hear that, Dave?

2. Brianne is now 2 years old, and is (re)learning the correct answer to the question, "How old are you?" I suppose it would be confusing to be told you're ONE all of your comprehensive life, and then suddenly one day because of some cake and a few presents, now you're TWO. Whatever that means! Anyway, she's a sweet little girl who is a joy to be around.

3. We were asked if we could host the 4th of July Church Picnic at our house. Lots of folks came, and there was so much food! I think everyone had a great time; I know I did! Among the main attractions: our 3 bunnies, the water and dock, and Jeremy (a guy from church) playing his bagpipe for us (wouldn't you have liked to have been here for that!?). Not to mention, timing Jen's contractions....see #4.

4. Jen has been having contractions--painful ones--since Thursday, but they've been keeping us all guessing, as they hadn't been too regular. Six minutes apart, 12 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes, etc etc etc for days and days. Poor thing hasn't had a decent night's rest in a few days! Tonight we went over to give Brianne her birthday present, and thankfully by then we were all convinced that Jen was, in fact, in labor. We didn't stay long, and they scooted off to the hospital not long after we left!

SO we wait.
But wait, there's MORE!


5. Jen's birthday is tomorrow! No, I'm not kidding. :) I'll update as we know more....



P.S. I didn't get One Single Picture of our weekend, other than a blurry one of Dave and Noah on the motorcycle. I'm not going to apologize for that either! I'm going to have to be at peace with the fact that I'm lousy at remembering to take pictures. I'm going to be thankful for the ones I do remember to take. How's that? The photos of Noah riding his scooter were taken before our fun-filled, action-packed weekend.









Comments

drowl87 said…
I just spent some time and caught up on all of your posts! I miss you guys and can't wait to get down there again when I get some more time!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth