Eating Greens Is A Special Treat

Last week when Noah was sick, I introduced him to the classic Disney film, Bambi. I had forgotten what a joy that movie is (and how clean and wholesome compared to much of the junk available today!). It also has some great quotes, one of which has become my new motto:

Ahem.

"Eating greens is a special treat. It makes long ears and great big feet. (But it sure is awful stuff to eat!)"

Isn't that great!?

It sums up exactly how I feel these days. My friend Laura warned me that the 2nd and 3rd weeks of healthy eating are the hardest (when you're not used to it). She was so right! The first week I was gliding along on the knowledge that I was helping my body and enjoying the fresh tastes. But now I'm feeling as though I have never had so much salad and fruit in all my life.

Much more, and I may grow long ears and great big feet!

Carrot, anyone?

Comments

Carrie said…
that is so funny. Hope it gets better. Love your lighting in the kitchen.
Natalie said…
Keep it up! I'm sure your healthy eating will help you feel better. It will take some getting used to the new menus and shopping, but you can train your mind and your body to want and enjoy the new foods. My mom and I have been having lots of conversations about this and I think she's right! :-) After a while, it will be your normal way of life and your family will be used to it and healthier too.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth