What We've Been Up To

Sadly my blog has fallen by the wayside again. Well, probably none of you are saddened by my absence, but I miss writing and journaling. This blog provides an important outlet and diary for me, and my ideal would be to post at least once a day. Lately that goal would be close to impossible to pull off so I will just have to be content to post when I can until this Living In Limbo stage comes to an end (hopefully soon?).

Mom Rowley has been a tremendous help to us over the last week that she has been here. She leaves tomorrow for Connecticut. We have gotten more done this last week than any of the previous weeks because she has been here helping with Noah and even pitching in at the jobsite almost every day. Rehabbing and shopping at home improvement stores with a two-year-old in tow is not the easiest thing in the world to accomplish! If I am working with Noah there, I'm functioning at about 10% of my normal capacity simply because I am constantly distracted and having to redirect his activity. Or take him potty, or _______. Mom has watched Noah every morning for me while I work on the house with Josh; she took him to Library Story Hour, to the park, and even did my grocery shopping and laundry for me this week! What a blessing! Noah enjoyed time with her, and then in the afternoon during his nap Mom would go over to Cellar to pitch in with painting while I stayed home and caught up on my around-the-house things. I can't put into words how helpful it was to have her here!

Over at Cellar during the last week we have: Tiled and grouted the kitchen, bathroom floors, and entryway, put in closet doors in the master bedroom, tiled the hall bathroom tub surround, installed the kitchen cabinets, installed light switches, worked on painting, bought the hardwood flooring, ordered the countertops, purchased the vanities and mirrors for the bathrooms, among other smaller things. It's been a great week of work! Pictures will have to follow due to time constraints. :)

I've been busy, and look forward to blogging more faithfully in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth