Happy Thanksgiving

Today has been a great day so far. We are gearing up to go over to Matt and Jen's to share Thanksgiving dinner with them and Jen's family, as well as a couple from church. Today we all enjoyed sleeping in a little, taking our time just being a family this morning. Josh and Noah worked on the motorcycle--the tire was flat--while I started making the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle I'm bringing for dessert. I didn't spend much time thinkng over the disappointments of recent days; rather I've been doing my best to focus on what the Lord has given me.

A Great Family. I love my immediate family and extended family on both sides! The Lord is good to have placed me in such a good family. Most of us are believers, which is such a blessing when we get together because there's already a common bond.

A Husband Who Loves Me. Josh and I have been married almost 8 years, and we're still best friends! I am thankful to the Lord for giving me Josh who balances me; I can be emotional and irrational at times. Bet you didn't know that. ;) Kidding!!

My Little Boy. Noah Samuel, my "comfort asked of the Lord" blesses my heart every day with his easy smile, silly laugh, and quick mind. He is a comfort to my heart.

Salvation In Christ. I would be utterly lost without Jesus Christ, who is gracious and compassionate and forgives all my sins, no matter how many times I commit the same sin over and over (am I the only one who does that?).

My Bible. Praise the Lord I have a complete copy of everything God wants me to know about Himsef!! All written down, ready for me to study and learn from. I'm so thankful God allows me to know Him! May I grow to know Him better.

A Great Church Family. We love being part of Truth Baptist Church, and its people have already become dear to us.

There's more I'm thankful for, but I need to go finish my food preparation before it's time to go stuff myself full of turkey and good fellowship. I wanted to share a psalm I read today. It was perfectly suited for what I needed to hear today (thanks, Sandy Fallon for sending it to me!)

Psalm 95:1-3, 6-8a

O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord,
Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving,
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God
And a great King above all gods....
Come let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.
Today, if you would hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts...."

Comments

cj and family said…
Amen! And no, you are most definitely not the only one who struggles in the same areas over and over again. The Lord has been working on me in at least one particular area for at least four years running now. I'm praying that one of these years I'll finally "get" it. At least I KNOW I will once I get to Heaven! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your day was filled with blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth