Trip To Publix

Today, as I mentioned before, I was able to take a stroll through Publix armed with my coupons for a blissful I-actually-completed-a-thought-without-someone-fussing-or-distracting-me shopping trip! Everyone should have a shopping trip like this at some point. No deadline. No interruptions. Just you, your coupons, and a shopping cart.

Here's what I scored today for $16.40!

That's:
  • 4 boxes of cereal
  • a 5lb bag of potatoes
  • 4 cans diced tomatoes
  • 2 jars pasta sauce
  • 2 tubes toothpaste (1 regular, 1 travel size)
  • Tylenol
  • 2 packages ready-to-bake cookie dough
  • 2 tubes lip gloss



I could have done even better, except I thought I had coupons for some of the items and it turns out I didn't, but I bought them anyway. I don't think I'll ever do as well as my sister-in-law Melanie, who recently got paid for her groceries. **scratches head in disbelief** But I'm saving money over what I used to spend, so that's at least progress!





Can I tell you a little secret?





I don't do it for the savings, I do it because it's FUN!!! Who doesn't like a bargain?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth