Banana Bread Recipe


Awhile ago my friend Ruth asked me for my banana bread recipe, and I'm just now remembering and taking time to do so! If you like banana bread, this one's worth a try.


Banana Bread


3/4 C sugar

3 large ripe bananas, mashed

3/4 C oil OR applesauce

2 eggs

2 C flour

1/2 C nuts OR craisins

1 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg


Heat oven to 325. Mix sugar, bananas, oil (or applesauce), and eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 60-70 mins or til toothpick comes out clean (during the last 15 mins you may need to cover the edges with foil to prevent over-browning). Let cool 10 mins, then remove from pan to wire rack. Enjoy!


**Quick note: You will get slightly differing results depending on whether you use oil or applesauce. Oil gives the bread a richer texture (more cake-y) but increases fat in the recipe. The applesauce gives the bread a spongier texture, but you can console yourself with the fact that it's healthier. :) You decide what's more important to you. (This last time I made it, I went with the applesauce. My thighs are thanking me. Did I just say that?)

Comments

Natasha said…
Oh my gosh, I was just asking around if anybody had a good banana bread recipe :) too funny! I'll have to try it
Ruth said…
Thanks! I used your recipe today, and this one is much better than the last one I tried. :-)
Joanna said…
Did you use oil or applesauce?

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth