Much-Needed Verses

Wouldn't it be nice if the Christian life were a constant upward climb; if every lesson we learned never had to be repeated? If we never doubted for a moment that God's plan is best? Maybe some people enjoy lives like this, but mine tends to resemble more of a roller coaster of faith and doubt, of highs and lows.

Here are some verses from the Bible study that the ladies of Truth Baptist Church are going through. I happened to read them today while I was working through the book God's Portrait of a Beautiful Woman. They are EXACTLY what I've been needing this week!! I had to laugh and cry at the same time as I said, "I'm getting it, Lord!"

Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Exodus 4:11 "The Lord said to him, 'Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?'"

Proverbs 16:9 "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren..."

God does everything He does on (and for a) purpose. I do not pretend to understand why! But my prayer is that I would learn to trust Him more. This is a constant battle for me.

Comments

Thank you. That post was encouraging.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth