"Clay-Doh" and other Summer Fun

I thought when I moved to Florida that I really loved the heat. Trouble is, it turns out I don't. :) I love that it's warm and pleasant here most of the year and that we can be comfortable all winter while the North is freezing. I love that Spring comes early (February!) and that Fall comes late (November!). Really, I love it for about 10 months of the year.

It's July and August that are the problem. It'll melt you out there! Which is why, for the duration of the summer we try to stay indoors as often as possible, or if we're outdoors we try to be immersed in some sort of water (sprinkler, pool, ocean, hose, water balloons, jet ski rides...you get creative!).

Our latest indoor diversions are watercolor painting and play-doh, which Noah calls "clay-doh." Since I am Noah's favorite playmate, I am cajoled into playing with these things and have been a little more daring in my play-doh creations than the familiar stand-bys of a snake or ball. Yesterday I made a jet-ski! It happened to be the right size for Noah's little Spiderman figure to ride on. Check it out!


As for outdoor amusement, we returned to Kids Kampus (Campus) with Jen and Brianne today and once again had a ball! Brianne and Noah love running through all the sprinklers, and if I could remember to wear my bathing suit, I'd probably get in too! Next time, perhaps.



These are some examples of what we do with ourselves when the heat makes it difficult to be outside. But before you go feeling all sorry for us down here in Hot Sticky Florida, remember that come January, we'll be enjoying a mild winter with our windows open instead of shoveling our driveways. And you can visit us anytime!

P.S. Have my pictures been looking grainier to you or is it just me?











Comments

cj and family said…
Great jet ski! :o) Check your library or a used book sale for a book on clay creations. I've not ever seen one for playdough, but I picked up one for clay and it has different animals and foods, etc.--it's great for ideas--my own imagination stinks when it comes to stuff like that, so I do much better when I can look at a picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth