First Church Picnic for TBC

It didn't rain!! The Lord blessed us and answered our prayers that the rain would hold off so we could enjoy our first church picnic outside! Not only did it stay dry, but it was nice and overcast so it didn't get hot. Anyone who lives in Florida in the summer will appreciate the meaning of "nice and overcast." :)


We had about 14 people total (I think I'm counting correctly) and we all enjoyed hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, pasta salad, chips, cherry pie, brownies, and cookies. There was no shortage of food, that's for sure! After dinner we played volleyball and talked until sunset and then packed it up and went home. Here are some photos of the evening, taken by Stan, one of the attenders. I'm sad to say that I discovered my camera's battery was DOA at the picnic. I'm just thankful someone was taking pictures. :)

Our little quarterback




Pastor Rowley (will I ever be able to call him that?) :) with Bill and Kelly, Matt and Jen's neighbors from across the street.

Josh


Nathan, Will, and Beverly (Stan's wife)



Sweet Brianne. Notice the "cow" in the background. It is actually a greyhound named Boston, and he belongs to Bill and Kelly. Doesn't he look like a cow though? :) Love this picture of Brianne.




Kelly, Jen, and me with Kelly's daughter Brooke. Boston in the foreground.





Volleyball! This was the only game I played, since I stink so royally at volleyball. :) We did have fun though, and tried to keep it "friendly." Had it been too competitive, I would have sat out the whole time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth