Thoughts On Company

Notice I said "thoughts" and not "pictures." That's because I don't have any pictures downloaded on my computer yet. I have a few in my camera, but haven't had the time to get them where you can see them.

We are hosting the Rowley Family Vacation this year which spans last week and this week. Between the two households (Matt's and ours), we have 16 people present and accounted for! So far we've gone to the beach, visited the water park, talked, worked on building a dock for our new house (the guys have done that), shopped, and had a lot of fun fellowshiping and eating.

I notice though that when I have company, I go into what Josh calls Martha Mode. Think Luke 10:38-42. "Martha, Martha." "Joanna, Joanna." My devotions have suffered neglect in all my distraction, that's for sure. So have a host of other things I should have done this week. Blogging, errands, cards to people, cleaning my bathroom...

So tomorrow, I have my list of Things To Do, but in all the craziness I'm going to try to remember that all my running around is good, but maybe not the best.


Luke 10:38-42
"Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

I hope you all had a great Lord's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth