IVF Orientation

Yesterday I had my big Orientation for IVF. I'd forgotten how much information there is to know and how much precise timing goes into everything! The appointment went well, including the two procedures they did (one ultrasound and a trial transfer) and bloodwork they took.

Our next appointment will be April 2, and that will also be the day I begin the Stimulation Phase of this process. Depending how long that takes (and I was a slow-responder last time which may draw out that part) we may be looking at an egg retrieval sometime the week of April 12-17.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks, Josh needs to go in for some bloodwork to prove he doesn't have HIV or Hepatitis. I also need to order my medications and the bazillion needles and syringes that I will be using. In the meantime, I have been instructed to quit all exercise as of April 2, except for light walking or swimming~nothing that makes me sweat or gets my heart rate too high. I went on Exercise Strike last week and most of this week, due to feeling so lousy and being so exhausted, so I'm glad I have at least 2 more weeks to exercise before quitting HOPEFULLY for 9 months! :) I'm still not feeling well from the pill I have to take, so I'll be really REALLY glad to stop that.

I'll keep you all updated as I have more to add. Until then, keep praying! Thank you for your prayers so far.

Comments

Natasha said…
My brother sent me this link and I totally thought of you.. I hope you keep "singing" - Good luck!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCDApaqRhA

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth