The Parenting Handbook


I used to believe that there was no such thing as a Parenting Handbook. I've commented to a few people that I wished Noah came with an owner's manual. Maybe he didn't come with a literal one detailing how his body works or how he learns, but I was overlooking the best one telling me how to handle him and how his heart works: The Bible!


The Lord showed me the other day through my Bible reading some of His heart of discipline for children. Look at the following passage:


Ps 89: 30-34 "If his sons forsake My law and do not walk in My judgments, if they violate My statutes, and do not keep My commandments, then I will punish their transgression with the rod and their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, nor will I alter the utterance of My lips."


Yes, the Lord does chasten with the rod! And He also tempers it with His lovingkindness and stays true to His faithfulness. This is how He deals with His children, and I think, how He would want me to deal with mine. Showing that I can't tolerate disobedience, but also showing how much I love him.


This was a blessing to my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth