Catch-up on Noah


I'm so behind in my blogging! I can tell I am behind when I start dreading to sit down and blog; when I have to carve out a huge chunk of time in my day and Just Do It. I don't dread it because I hate to write, but because I have let too much time go by and now I have about a gazillion things I could say, but don't know where to start or how much to include or where to stop. And then I look over at some mounting house project, like the countertop ledge which is drowning in papers or my kitchen floor which is screaming "SCURVY!!!" and I start panicking. But you know what? Those projects will be there tomorrow (I know this because they were there yesterday), and there is a very real part of me that feels the need to document life, so I can temporarily ignore the house for the time it takes to catch back up on this blog. So where were we?


First, Noah's vocabulary: In a word, it's astonishing. At least, to me it is. Maybe those of you with very vocal children won't think so, but I cannot get over how quickly this child picks up words. Not only that, but how cute they sound! For example, he talks with great animation about strawberries and blueberries. He calls them "bawberries" and "bluebawberries". Did you catch that? A literal translation of that would be, "strawberries and "blue strawberries." How cute is that?


Noah is also learning his colors. If you point to an object and ask what color it is, he will without fail tell you, "yellow". Given the vast number of objects I point to, this means he is usually wrong. HOWEVER! Show him a few different things and say, "Point to the blue one" or "Point to the green one", and he will almost always get it right!


He'll hold up his index finger and say, "I'm ONE!" if asked how old he is, and is learning to say "Noah" instead of "Yoah" if asked his name. We're still working on "Rowley".


He is still extremely high-energy, not sitting still for a minute. We are also working on this, to be elaborated on in a future post (if my kitchen floor and countertop would just be quiet, it will be sooner rather than later!).


I really treasure our bedtime routine; reading a Bible story and then rocking for a bit while we sing and read some more. Noah is beginning to ask for song requests! He usually wants me to sing "Trust and Obey", the ABC song, or "Read Your Bible, Pray Every Day, and You'll Grow, Grow, Grow!" (does anyone know a shorter title for that one? Noah calls it "Go, Go, Go!")


I think I hit the big points I wanted to remember. There are some discipline issues we are working on, and some other parenting tips I'm working on, but I'll save that for a different post. For now, I hope I haven't bored you to tears with all these little snippets. :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth