Finding Grace to Help In Time of Need

How fitting that we should have studied that verse from Hebrews on Sunday. Who could have known what we'd face last night? God. That's Who!

I awoke to the sound of Noah crying loudly from his bed at 1:30am. As soon as I entered the room I could tell something wasn't right, and as soon as I came close I figured out why. Noah had vomited in his bed!

(Do you know me really well? If not, I'll jump in here to say that I am PETRIFIED of vomiting, no matter who does it. I can't figure out where this fear comes from, but it's been a lifelong battle for me.)

So anyway. I got Josh to help by cleaning up Noah while I cleaned up the mess in his bed. I won't go into any details, because frankly, they've been replaying in my own head all day today, so why should I do that to YOU too? :) The entire time I was cleaning the bedding, my heart was pounding and I was working up a real panic. But at that time, the Lord brought to mind that verses we had studied on Sunday at church:

"For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16

The Lord enabled me to find grace; not only to help me, but to help Noah in his time of need. Noah ended up throwing up one more time in the night (which meant I was up all night between cleaning him up, doing laundry, getting him settled, etc), and the second time I was much more under control by the Lord's great grace. How wonderful to see the Lord's promise coming true for me last night! One other verse that I had read yesterday was a help to me too, even though I couldn't remember it word-for-word at the time (I could only remember it paraphrased):

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." Ps 94:19

Noah has been fine all day, though now I've been feeling yucky. I can't decide if it's because I'm getting whatever he had, or if it's the silly birth control pill still affecting me, or if it's nerves about my appointment tomorrow, or if it's because I only slept about 3 hours total last night. But if you could pray that Josh and I stay healthy, I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth