First Peek



I got my first glimpse of our baby at my ultrasound this morning!  (Forgive the glare on my photo: it's a picture of the picture.  I can't scan.)  He/she doesn't look like much at this point, but it was a beautiful sight to me.  Little One measures about half a centimeter long; that little bright spot between the 2 crosses is the heart. And it was beating!  Isn't God wondrous? Praise the Lord!!

Josh and I are a little sad because just seeing one baby means that the other one died (remember, they transferred 2), but we know that the Lord is in control even of that little life, and we REJOICE in the one that is still alive!

Keep praying--I'm not out of the woods yet.  The doctor wants to see me again next week for another scan, and he said that after that point the miscarriage rate drops greatly.  Probably then, if all is well, we will make our news public.  Though as I write this, probably half the world knows anyway; I've had a hard time keeping my mouth shut, and so have my Facebook friends--you know who you are!  (no worries though; you all were very discreet!) :)




Comments

Carrie said…
I've been thinking/praying/talking about you all week. I am so glad God has seen fit to let you carry another precious child. Such an amazing thing! I know you will enjoy it and we will be praising God with you and continuing to pray!
cj and family said…
Rejoicing rejoicing rejoicing with you! Praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy for you both. And thankful for our Savior who holds your third little one till you meet in Heaven. Hugs!
Ruth said…
I know what you mean about feeling thrilled but also a bit sad that you "only" see one. That's a disadvantage of ivf. Most folks if they lost a baby that early would never have known they lost one. Anyhow I'm thrilled your little one is doing so great! When I've had u/s at 6w, I've only seen the sac, yolk sac, and heartbeat. I've never seen the "bean" at 6w3d! I think that's a great sign. That's interesting that your RE has you come back one week later. My RE always has 2 weeks between u/s. Well congrats again. I am so happy that Noah is now a big brother!!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth