An Announcement

For the past 4 years I have been daydreaming about how I would share this news on my blog.  Would I be witty? Cute? Sappy? Creative?  However, I am finding that when God has at last answered your dearest, longest-standing, most fervent prayer request, you really don't have the composure to be creative or any of the rest.  No beating around the bush for me.

I am pregnant!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

This is nothing short of a miracle from God, and the shock of it has taken a few days to sink in.  In fact, it is still sinking in.  I still feel as though I am dreaming.  Best. Dream. Ever. :)  Telling Noah was one of the best parts.  Here is a child who has been praying for this every single time he prays since he was able to talk, and God answered!  Noah literally jumped up and down, he was that excited.

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever."  Ps 30:11

If you prayed for us, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I could see the Lord's hand in this through every single step of this process.  It is still very early yet, so we are cautiously optimistic.  We are continuing to pray for my pregnancy and hope you will too.

Oh, and how's this for appropriate?  Lord-willing, I'm due Thanksgiving week.  It doesn't get much truer than that.




Comments

Ruth said…
YAHOO! I've been waiting for this post! :-) I'm so glad that you were able to tell Noah. Nadia was so excited, and she had only been praying for a baby sister for a few months. I can only imagine how exciting it must be for Noah who has been praying for years. I'll keep praying for a smooth and healthy pregnancy! PTL!
Melanie said…
I am sooo excited for you guys! And how fitting it is that you are due Thanksgiving week. Pretty cool. We will keep on praying for a healthy pregnancy.
cj and family said…
Praising the Lord and rejoicing with you! SO EXCITED for you!!!! Praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy for you and each your little ones! :)
Carrie said…
Praise the Lord and we are so excited for you! (that is putting it mildly)
Marmee said…
So happy for you and Josh and Noah! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...
So happy for you, will def. be praying for you over the next several months.
PrayerHelpers said…
Joanna,
How amazing is that! TRULY God is the Lord of the womb, and the Lord of Life. His timing is always perfect and exact. May this be the best experience yet for all the trials He has graced you through so far. Thank you for opening your home to us while we were there last September. We wish we could have spent MUCH longer time there. God bless you all! BP

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth