Christmas Morning

Growing up, my Christmas mornings were filled with anticipation. I never slept in. There was the excitement of the gifts, yes, but there was also the thrill of spending time with family and sharing the special day with everyone. Somehow I thought I'd outgrow my childish eagerness and at least be able to sleep past 7am. Folks, I'm 29 years old and I think it's only getting worse.
Christmas morning I woke up at 2:30, 3:30, and 5am. I could not go back to sleep after my 5am wake-up. WHY? I was just excited! Excited to make a special breakfast for my family, to watch Noah and Josh open their gifts, to spend the day remembering the best gift of all, given to us by Christ.

I made a pull-apart coffee cake and an omelet for our breakfast. Despite my promises to let Josh sleep til at least 9am, I was up there shaking him awake by 8:20. I simply Could. Not. Wait. :) Thankfully he had a good spirit and humored me, and he came downstairs a few minutes later. By 9am we were reading the Christmas story out of Luke 2 and thanking the Lord for the gifts.

And Then!!!

We got to watch the priceless expressions of joy from Noah as we opened our gifts. As a child, I was excited over what I was going to receive. As an adult, my excitement has shifted to what I am giving. It's gift enough to watch your own child open his gifts. Here are some photos and maybe a video of our Christmas morning.


"Ear-Buds!!" You and I would call them Ear Muffs. Noah. Loves. Them. Anytime we're over at Cellar working, he has to find a pair and put them on. Now he has his own!



Yes, I'm aware that this photo is almost painfully blurry, but it captures his exuberance over another of Noah's loves: Motorcycles.


My Knight in Shining Armor! Special thanks to Matt, Jen, and Brianne for this way cool ensemble!

Noah: "Mommy, who gave me this motorcycle?"
Me: "I did, Noah."
Noah: "Oh, thank you, Mommy!"
Music to my ears!!



Bathtime will never be the same again. This is a tugboat that has an actual propeller so it travels through the water by itself. Add to that the Thomas the Tank Engine theme, and we'll have ourselves one wrinkly little boy every bath time! :)




Flashlights that double as whistles are always appreciated!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth