All Kinds Of Things

I've let another week slip by without blogging, which is never good when it comes to rememebering the fine details. Oh well, guess you'll have to get the condensed version of this past week!

Here are some photos from Thanksgiving, which you may remember we spent at Matt and Jen's house:




We've gotten a fair amount of work done at Cellar over the past week; including crown moulding in the kitchen, putting the countertops in, installing the kitchen sink, painting all the trim, beginning to install the trim throughout the house, having the septic system pumped, putting up a fan, installing the master bath vanity and sink fixtures, and solving some electrical wiring glitches (why won't that light go on when I flip the switch? those kinds of things), and a lot of sweeping and organizing. We've gotten to the point in the project where we don't need a lot of the materials and tools anymore (praise the Lord all the tiling is done! I don't know if I ever need to see a grout float tool again. Hopefully.), so we need to rid them from the house. It really is starting to come together over there.


These photos of the kitchen show the countertops (that FIT after being sent back to the shop for adjustments! Praise the Lord they turned out all right!) and of the crown moulding that Matt put up for us last week. I should take some pictures soon of the trim, since that REALLY makes this place start to feel like home. :)

That said, Josh and I had a Big Discussion yesterday about all that we have going on. Since our deadline to move out of here has been suspended indefinitely, Josh is feeling the tug of his other projects, many of which are apartment units awaiting renovation so they can be rented out. He makes a good point that every month that goes by without those rented out is lost rental income....SOooo we have decided to put Cellar a little farther down on the priority list at least until after Christmas. This will mean that he can hopefully get another unit or two rented this month and then maybe we can move to Cellar in January.

This news is a mixed blessing for me, and to tell the truth, it's probably for the better. I had been breaking into a cold sweat every time I was faced with the prospect of moving over the Christmas holiday--which was becoming ever more a reality. I have this inner nester inside me that has fantasies of stockings hanging from our new fireplace, our tree in front of our huge picture window, and I was dying to move into our new place in time to unpack and decorate. The trouble was, things weren't getting done over there fast enough for all of that. The way it was looking, we'd have moved Christmas week which would have meant NO tree, and likely spending Christmas unpacking boxes instead of relaxing in front of the fire.


So now I can decorate our current house one last time for Christmas, and hopefully enjoy this season free from the burden of "Hurry UP!! We HAVE TO GET THIS DONE!!!" I hate it when I get like that and let me tell you, I was becoming quite the whip-cracker over all of this. I can't tell you what a relief and what a burden has been lifted from me--I feel fifty times lighter already. :) We will probably move in January and that's fine. By the way, this doesn't mean work at Cellar will stop altogether, but it just won't keep going at the frenetic pace it had been. In case you were wondering. ;)

Other than this, I've been couponing and taking care of Noah, who seems to have another cold (his second one in a month!). I started my Christmas shopping, and am getting ready to find our first REAL Christmas tree since we've been married! All the other years we've either put up an artificial one or gone without because of travels. This year I'm looking forward to the smell of fresh pine needles and decorating the tree with Noah.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth