Christmas Letter 2009


To my family and friends:


I diligently wrote our Christmas letter and got a Christmas picture taken in plenty of time, but for whatever reason, procrastinated on the stuffing and mailing of them. SO, if you haven't gotten our letter yet, you should receive it in the next few days. If you're the type that prefers to hold a letter in your hand, don't read this post because it will ruin the letter for you. :) If you don't get a letter from us this Christmas, and want to be on our mailing list, let me know in the comments section of this post.


So here, without further ado and ON TIME for that matter, is our Christmas letter for 2009.


The Christmas season has crept up on us once again. I feel as though I just wrote last year’s letter the other day! I suppose I say that every year, but I find every year that it’s more and more true. This Christmas we find ourselves rejoicing in the goodness of our Savior, who came to this earth to die in our place, and thanking Him for his unspeakable gift.


Josh had a jam-packed year continuing to rehab houses and trying his hand at land-lording. He finds it difficult to keep up the frenetic pace of rehabbing while maintaining adequate tabs on his rental properties, so his goal is to be finished rehabbing sometime in the beginning of next year so that he can turn his full attention to the management of his current properties. Josh has also enjoyed being Noah’s daddy. The two of them love to play “piggy-back” or ”skateboard” or some other sort of rough-housing. It is exciting to Josh to envision one day taking Noah with him as he works. Josh’s grandmother Mary Rowley passed away this year, and he will dearly miss her and their family trips out to Kansas.


Joanna keeps very active with her home and family. I find most of my energy is required simply to keep up with the housework and teach and entertain Noah. The Lord has been working in my heart, continually bringing me back to the truth that His grace is sufficient for me, no matter the circumstance. I do really enjoy my life as a homemaker, wife, and mother. My favorite pastime these days is “couponing”; the thrill of saving money has changed the way I shop!


Noah turned 2 in July, and continues to possess endless energy! He loves to talk to anyone who will listen, and has a smile for everyone. He has a very sharp memory; remembering names, Bible verses, songs, and even specific events we assumed were long forgotten. His most-repeated request is “Let me do it All By Myself!!” It is humbling to hear him repeat phrases that I say all the time, many of which are less-than-flattering, so he’s a good reminder to me to guard my lips.


We all have been kept busy helping out at Truth Baptist Church here in Jacksonville. Josh’s brother Matt and his family began the church in July not far from our home. A church-plant is a lot of hard behind-the-scenes work, but it has been a real joy to see the Lord bring us new people and watch how the church has become a little family already.


We also have spent the year praying that the Lord would add a baby to our family (we even pursued IVF again in April), but as of now the Lord has not allowed this. We continue to pray that our desire would be fulfilled, and try daily to submit to the Lord’s will for our lives concerning this.


In May we purchased a home on a little canal that we have been working to renovate with the goal of moving there ourselves when it is finished. Given Josh’s current work schedule, this has taken longer than anticipated, and now we’re planning to move in at the beginning of the New Year. It has been fun to be able to choose different designs and all the finishing touches that really make it our own—sticking to a budget—not so much fun.


If you would like to keep up with our family more frequently, visit our blog at aclayinthelife.blogspot.com. May your Christmas and the New Year to come be blessed in the Lord!


Comments

cj and family said…
Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing this with your blog friends, too. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth