Weaning Report Card




The last time I nursed Noah was Oct 31, one week ago. Therefore I think it's safe to say Noah has been weaned! *Sniff* *Hooray!* I have mixed feelings, but mostly a sense of freedom that he doesn't need Me And Only Me at night time. Now, if I so choose, I can be out in the evenings and have Josh put Noah to bed with no worries. Like that's ever going to happen. But still, it *could*, and that's the important thing.




For those interested (and I think I can safely say I've scared away any men reading this by now!), it was easier than I expected to wean Noah. I thought it would be difficult because Noah had begun asking to be nursed, and I couldn't think of an alternative that would be fuss-free. Finally I just decided to handle it the way I put him down for naps: I give him about 8oz of diluted juice, read him a few stories, and put him in bed. It's that simple. It works for naps, and now I'm happy to report it works at bedtime too. Since Oct 31 he has only asked one time to nurse, but after a matter-of-fact "no, we're going to read a story instead" he was fine.




It's such a relief to have this stage of babyhood behind us, but as I said before, I know I will miss it too. I fully intend to nurse any future babies the Lord may give us and will remember fondly the 15 months I nursed Noah.

Comments

Ruth said…
So you didn't nurse him til he was in Kindergarten after all, LOL? I am glad the weaning seemed to go very smoothly for you two and yes it's nice to know others could put him to bed whether it's because you and Josh are on a date or whatever other reason. It's nice if Daddy can do the bedtime ritual sometimes too!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth