Time Change Strategy


This year for the time change, I decided to try a new strategy; instead of wait for the actual day and try to get Noah's inner time clock to abruptly add an hour, I worked with him all week long so today wouldn't come as such a shock. And I'll be honest. It was also so he wouldn't wake up at 6am this morning! Selfish much? :)


Every day last week I began shifting Noah's bedtimes later by about 15 mins, so by the time we got to yesterday, his schedule was on track to change times. For the most part it worked!! Noah woke up this morning at 6:50am (7:50 old time), and adjusted much better throughout the rest of the day.


You think I'm a little OCD about schedules? Maybe. But it sure makes life run smoother when the little kid isn't all out of whack and exhausted! :)

Comments

Ruth said…
I like your idea! I think I'll try it in the spring with Nadia. I have to say though she did pretty well as she got up at 6:30am on Sunday (7:30 old time) and 6:00am today which isn't bad. She was really tired last night but we kept her up until 7:15 the new time so hopefully she's adjusted.

Also, I wanted to ask what other signs you have taught Noah besides
"thank you." I plan to teach Nadia some signs as well. Finally, I would say that if the word doesn't sound like "English" then it's not an official new word, LOL. But that's cool that you've figured out what he means!! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth