Date Night!


Three months ago we had our first date night since Noah was born, and last night was Date Night #2. I don't need to tell you it was wonderful! :) Again, there are no pictures except what is in my mind, but that's okay. The picture above is just for effect, and was taken on my birthday.


Due to heavy traffic, we ditched the idea of getting back on the highway to go to Olive Garden, and instead ended up at the same place we went to last time: Perard's Italian. Daring soul that I am, I again had Chicken Parmigiana. Hey, it was good last time so I figured I'd go with a known. Josh had an Italian sub. And just like last time, it was heavenly to enjoy my hot food without cutting into teensy pieces and feeding it to someone else first.


(Sidenote: When I was telling this to my mom this morning, she interjected, "But you wouldn't have it any other way, right?" Of course right! I wouldn't go back to the way things were without Noah. He adds so much to our lives that was unfulfilling before, and he's such a blessing. A high-maintenance blessing, yes, but a joy in our lives!)


After dinner we headed out on the road to see what we could find. We stumbled upon a Christian bookstore and decided to go in. Apart from CBD (Christian Book Distributors in Peabody, MA), this was the largest Christian bookstoore that I have ever seen! The entire back section was all discounted books, and that's where we spent the majority of our time. An hour and a half later, we dragged ourselves out to pick up Noah from the Hildebrands! We would have stayed longer if we could have, it was THAT great. I bought 4 books for myself for a total of $9.99, and 2 for Noah for about $6. Josh bought 3 books that caught his eye as well, one on finance, one on romance in marriage (awwww!), and one on the purpose-driven life.


It was a great evening! Perhaps not as memorable as our first Date Night, but great and refreshing nonetheless. It is such a treat to remember who we are as a couple!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth