Mishmash


I haven't posted in almost a week, and I find when I let it go like that, I have too much to say and my thoughts are jumbled. So follow along if you can, I'll try to cover everything!


The picture you see is another one of the ones we didn't choose for our Christmas photo. I think it's so cute! :) Our photos are ready to pick up at Sears, so I plan to do that this week. I'm excited, but I'd be even more so if I really LOVED the family shots we got. Trouble is, I don't. In years past, all our portraits have been waist-up shots, so it doesn't matter what we wear on our legs. Until this year. As usual, we wore whatever we wanted on the bottom (which meant jeans for me and shorts for Josh), only to discover that the man taking our pictures thought it would be really nice to get full-length shots of us all on the floor, and barefoot! This would be all well and good if we were all wearing khaki pants and had really nice tans, but since neither of those were the case, we ended up looking a little....well a little weird. You'll see come Christmas; that is, unless I can drag Josh out for another photo shoot, this time with appropriate attire! Fat chance.


My niece Rachel got married on Saturday, November 22! I wish with all of my heart I could have been there to see it. Congratulations, Rachel and Chad!


Tonight at church is our Praise and Thanks Service. There's a meal at 6:30 followed by a time of testimony. I think this year's will be a blessing! I'll try to remember to take pictures this time! I made Pumpkin Oat Muffins to bring along. If I think of it later, I'll have to share the recipe. You'll be glad I did! These muffins are so so SO good that I have to remind myself not to eat them all by myself!


I've started exercising again. (Writing about pumpkin muffins triggered that thought. Ha ha!) Four days a week, I'm getting up at 6am (what am I, nuts?) and doing my aerobics and toning dvd. It's really dark and cold at that time of the morning, which is the first thing I notice. I'm hoping this exercising will boost my energy levels. So far, not. :)


Matt and Jen have a contract on their house in SC, which means Lord-willing they'll be moving in December and starting up the church here in Jacksonville in January some time. Stay tuned for more details about that!


We are beginning to pray about pursuing IVF again in early-ish 2009. That's all I'm going to say about that right now. I'd love it if you would pray with us and for us about that! Namely, that we won't need IVF, but if we do that the Lord would make it abundantly clear about His timing and direction.


We built our first fire for the winter a couple nights ago. It was so cozy and warm, and I had been cold all day long, so it felt especially good to my chilled hands. :) Noah liked it too. He kept saying "Hot!"


I'm sure there's more, but right now I need to go do Something Productive. Well, besides log memories into cyberspace! :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth