Turkey Day

We were at the library checking out books yesterday and as we were leaving, the children's librarian said "Have a good Turkey Day!" I have heard this expression a lot and everytime I do, I think how sad it is that Thanksgiving has turned into merely Turkey Day for a lot of America. But it makes sense; those who don't know the Lord aren't really celebrating Thanksgiving. Who would they be thankful to? I am rejoicing that God is real and that He is worthy to be praised and thanked for all that He is and all that He does. It's also a pointed reminder to me to share my knowledge of Christ with the lost, so that they too will have reason to be thankful and a proper Recipient to whom they can direct their thanks!

In other news, Josh has been feeling a little under the weather lately. He came home Monday night with a fever, headache, and sore throat. I'm praying that whatever it is stays away from the rest of us, and that he will feel better soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth