Thanks For Asking

Here are the answers to some of the questions I've been asked over the last few weeks:

Q: How are you feeling?
A: (There are many possible answers to this one depending on when you ask me, so I'll give them all) Great! Like I have a bowling ball strapped to me.  Beautiful.  Like a beached whale. Energetic.  Exhausted. Hungry. Stuffed.  Emotional.  Elated.  But isn't that the truth with anyone you ask that question to?  It's just pregnant people get asked a whole lot more than everyone else.

Q:  How does Noah like school?
A:  Noah seems to like it a lot.  I couldn't have said that in the first couple of weeks when he was adjusting to the longer schedule and when he was coming home with less-than-stellar behavior marks (thankfully we were able to correct his behavior, and he has been doing much better).  He has learned to read much more proficiently over the last few weeks, and he loves to show me that he can read something.  If you were to ask him what his favorite part of school is, he would say "recess."  Typical. :)

Q:  What do you do with all that time while Noah is at school?
A:  I have to admit I haven't been as productive as I was imagining I'd be.  I blame the fact that I can't see my feet anymore. :)  I have bursts of energy usually in the morning, and will start some project only to fizzle out and head for the recliner by lunchtime.  The good news is that I am usually able to get the major housework done by the time Noah comes home, so I can really focus and spend time with him.  We work on his homework together and play games until it's time to make supper.  The bad news is that all those projects I had been intending to do with gusto this Fall are still on the back burner, so to speak.

Q:  Do you have a name picked out for your baby?
A:  No.  We have several we like, but haven't settled on any one in particular.  We probably won't actually choose one until the baby is born.  Stay tuned!

Q:  Did you pass your glucose tolerance test?
A:  Yes!  Praise the Lord.

Q:  Will Noah and the new baby share a room?
A:  Not sure.  For the first few weeks, we plan to let the baby sleep in our room so I don't have to go very far for the middle-of-the-night feedings.  After that?  Dunno.  Noah wants to share a room with him, which may work.  If we let them share, we'll probably turn the guest room into the kids' room and turn Noah's room into the guest room (due to size of the rooms).  If they don't share a room, we'll probably put the crib in the guest room and just move the baby into our room if we happen to have a guest.  Make sense?  Okay, now how many times did I type "room" in that paragraph?

Q;  Are you going to keep your Honda Civic?
A:  Probably not for long.  We're currently praying about upgrading to a Honda CR-V.  Civics are VERY hard to get a baby into and out of (trust me, I know!).  You can only fit a rear-facing carseat in the middle of the back seat, which means that each time baby goes in or out of the car, the adult has to sit down on the backseat to accomplish it.  Plus we get Pretty Cramped on long road trips as it is (with just the 3 of us and our stuff), so adding a baby and all its gear (why do they come with so much STUFF?) will just add to the cramp.  So.  We're praying that the Lord will help us have wisdom in our choice and help us make the wisest decision.

Q:  Did you give away Daisy's kittens?
A:  Yes.  I put an ad on Craigslist a few weeks ago, and they were all gone in a day.  Next step: get Daisy spayed.  She has an appointment next week.

Any other questions?  Feel free to ask!







Comments

Ruth said…
We had a rear facing carseat in a Civic for a few years, and it wasn't in the middle. We didn't put a carseat in the middle of the back seat in either the Corolla, Prius, or Civic (the cars we owned during the last 4 years before we upgraded to a minivan). My sister had three car seats in the back of her Corolla for awhile (one was an infant), but that didn't work for us due to Oliver's car bed so now we have a minivan and I hate climbing into the back row to get Oliver in the car bed. I truly miss my car!!!! I'm sooooo glad to hear you passed your test!!! PTL! This is your pattern - fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour. The only time I've failed the 1 hour is when I also failed the 3 hour. I'm glad Noah is enjoying and doing so well in school.
Ruth said…
Are you going with a c-section or attempting VBAC?

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth