About To Pop



Today I am 37 weeks; officially full-term.  It could be any time now, folks...  Except for the fact that I went to the doctor today and he said everything is still closed up tight and the baby hasn't dropped deep into my pelvis yet.  ("Oh really?  Tell that to my bladder!" I wanted to say)  So it looks like it will be a few more weeks still.  Here are some fun facts while we wait:

So far I have gained...drumroll please... 23 pounds!  And I know exactly where each and every one of those pounds resides. :)

I still crave ice to no end.

Almost everyone I see these days says something like, "Oh it won't be long now!" or "Any day, huh?"  It's like my identity has changed from "Joanna" to "Big Belly."  They're shocked when they hear I have 3 weeks left.

I have had 3 different strangers say, "You're having a boy, aren't you?"  How can they tell?

It is hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that in 3 or so weeks (give or take) our lives will be completely different.

I continue to become out of breath very easily.  Standing at the sink doing dishes (our dishwasher broke down 2 weeks ago!!) is enough to make me winded these days.

The weather has FINALLY turned cooler, which means my wardrobe has expanded! Yay!  Now I can wear long sweaters over my summer shirts to disguise the fact that they don't fit well anymore.  Plus I had borrowed some long shirts for Fall, which fit better.  Blessings!

I am very mixed about the end of pregnancy drawing near.  For the most part, I love being pregnant and hate to see it go, especially knowing how hard it is for me to get this way in the first place.  On the other hand, I am so excited to meet our new little boy and get life with him started.  And being able to breathe again would be nice too.




Comments

Ruth said…
I have thought many times recently of some of the perks you'll have in terms of having baby #2 after Noah has started school. I am NOT trying to minimize your pain of waiting those years in between, and realize there are some advantages of having kids closer in age that you'll miss out on BUT in some ways your second will get the time and attention that usually only the firstborn gets (at least during school hours M-F). I feel sad about that at times that I don't have the time to just enjoy Oliver because I have two other little ones vying for my attention. Not that I'm complaining!! I am very grateful for my 3 bundles of joy, but I can see the perks of having a few hours several days a week where I only have one child with me. I'm grateful that you've been able to go full-term again..something I've not yet experienced. As for the "it's a boy" comments, there is a wives tale that says that the way you're carrying the baby is a sign it's a boy. I say wive's tale because from what I've read, it's not accurate. I guess you'd have to be pregnant with a girl at some point for us to test that theory further, ha ha! I can say I never looked anything like you with either a girl or a boy, and I wanted to look like that, but I guess my long torso just doesn't lend itself toward a big "swallowed a basketball" type pg belly. I can't wait to see pics of your newest bundle of joy and hear what his name is! November will be a very exciting month for your family!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth