34 Weeks!


Do any of you have trouble believing that I have SIX WEEKS left?  Can I get any bigger?  Can my lung capacity shrink any more?  I do love being pregnant, but I have to say things are getting a little...tight.

Finding something suitable to wear has become challenging.  I am not a fan of the bulging-belly-button look, but I'm having to embrace it.  Short of clasping my hands in front of my belly and leaving them there for the next six weeks, I just can't hide it anymore.  Also, many of my maternity shirts have become too short to fit over my belly, and a couple times I have caught glimpses in a mirror of my belly peeking out from under.  Charming.  Time to pull out the tents! :)

Should I even admit this next one?  True to form from my last pregnancy ***whispering now*** I have started to grow a beard!  Gasp!  I said it!  Thankfully it's blond, and thankfully if I wear my hair down next to my face I can hide it pretty well, but it's there in its peach-fuzz glory.  Pregnancy is funny, isn't it? I wonder if this has something to do with carrying a boy?  Thoughts?

Now for the blessings:  I still can't believe the Lord allowed me to experience this again!  I wake up almost every morning and reach down to feel if my belly is still there or if somehow I dreamed all this up.  I smile when I remember it's real.  *Pinching myself*

Feeling the baby move is joy indescribable--when it doesn't hurt. :)  Imagining who this little person will be, and what he will look like, and knowing that Lord-willing I will meet him in 6 weeks is so exciting!

I am so thankful for the joy of an uneventful pregnancy!  It is a blessing that so far everything has progressed normally, and that is something I don't take for granted.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth