My Gunniwolf

If you've never read it before, The Gunniwolf by Wilhelmina Harper is a great children's story!  You get fantastic onomatopoeia (what?!  that means words that sound like the noises they describe), beautiful illustrations, and an object lesson in obedience to boot.  PLUS, the kids I know seem to love it.  Bonus.

Noah's school put on a literacy parade today, in which the children could dress up as a character from a favorite book. (If you ask me, it was just a chance to let the kids try out their Halloween costumes early. But still.)  Noah immediately wanted to be the Gunniwolf.  Knowing that any wolf costume I could find in the stores would come with a horrible scary face and be at least $10, we made his out of felt and glue for $3.25 with a much friendlier face.





So, I have a little wolf on my hands.  And next Wednesday, our church's Patch the Pirate Club will be hosting a Noah's Ark party, where the kids can come dressed as any animal they want.  Guess who will get extra mileage out of his wolf costume?  My gunniwolf. :)

What is a "gunniwolf" anyway?

Comments

Ruth said…
I'm not familiar with that book. I'll have to check it out!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth