Congratulations, Joel and Hannah!


Surprise! Josh's brother Joel and his wife Hannah had a baby yesterday! This had been a matter of much prayer and concern in our family over the past few days, since Hannah was only 32 weeks pregnant, and was suffering from preeclampsia. Praise the Lord, baby Lauren Grace was delivered safely April 8, at 10:30am. She's a little peanut of a thing, only 3lb 10oz, and I'm in love with her already. She is SO cute!


In looking at the pictures of this little sweetheart, I am reminded of God's magnificent power in creating new life. I was just reading the other day the words from Psalm 139:13 "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb."


We will be sure to keep praying for Joel, Hannah, and Lauren. It seems as though Lauren may have several weeks in the NICU ahead of her until she is developed enough to go home. We all are so thankful for the advances of medicine and for the grace of God in sustaining the life of such a little person.


Congratulations, guys! Can't wait to meet her!

Comments

aww COngrats to Hannah! She was actually one of my dorm counselors in Creel back when I was at BJU.
Ruth said…
Seeing her size makes it clearer to me why the doctors were so shocked that Ian was 6 pounds at 34 weeks - just 2 weeks later than when Hannah gave birth. I'm glad their little peanut is doing well. I hope her stay in the NICU won't be too long and won't be too stressful for her parents (having gone through that twice myself).

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth