When You Really Want A Cookie...


you'll make them out of just about anything, even carrots. After over a week of being on my Tons O' Veggies diet, I was craving a cookie big time. I figured it was time to branch out a little and figure out some way to make a cookie that I could eat. After scouring my "Basics and More" cookbook, I found a recipe for Carrot Cookies. I tweaked the recipe a bit and then made some the other night, and I have to say they're not too bad; at least if you haven't had a cookie in a while. They're not very sweet, but the texture is great, and I found them to be very satisfying!


Here's my doctored recipe:


Carrot Cookies


1 C Oat flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp sea salt

1 C rolled oats

1/4 C pumpkin seeds

1/4 C walnuts, chopped

1/4 C raisins

1 C shredded carrots

1/4 C dark chocolate chips

1/2 C honey

1/4 C canola oil

1/2 tsp vanilla


Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Stir in seeds, nuts, raisins, carrots, and choc chips. Beat together honey, oil, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until well moistened. Drop by rounded tsp onto cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 mins. Cool on cookie sheet 3 mins and then transfer to wire rack. Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth