Human Trash Can


Have you ever noticed the tendency of young children to hand over any and all trash to their mothers? I used to do this when I was a child, and now Noah is doing it to me All The Time. Lollipop sticks, gum wrappers, a receipt, a flier, an art project, it doesn't matter. If he's done with it, it gets handed to Mom.


I could be trying to locate my keys while carrying my weight in grocery bags, one dangling tourniquet-like from each finger, and Noah just finished a lollipop. "Here, Mommy. HERE! Take my stick," without a second thought as to my utter inability to take it, to say nothing of my total disinclination to hold his limp, soggy lollipop stick.


As of today, he's learning to hold onto his own trash. I'm still trying to find my keys. Could someone take one of these grocery bags? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth