These Days

These days...

God is reminding me that He is always in control. I suffered a particularly huge disappointment this week with regard to infertility. First one in over a year that was this bad. But God is faithful, and I know He loves me.

Josh and I are praying for 2 houses in particular to sell, so that we can move forward.

I have been reading Sense and Sensibility and loving it! This is the first fiction book I have picked up in quite a while. The story is terrific, and I must admit, the vocabulary is stretching me. "Insipidity," anyone?

The next book on my list is a biography of Amy Carmichael. I was already planning to read it, but was cemented in my plan when I read the following Amy Carmichael quote on a friend's FB wall: "If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love. For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water, however suddenly jolted." Wow. Chew on that one for a while!

We have been enjoying some beautiful weather while New England continues to be buried in snow. Can't say I wish I were there!

Josh's parents are flying in on Monday Lord-willing to spend a few days with us.

Noah is learning to write his name! "N" gives him trouble, but he can definitely do the rest by himself.

I'm on a new cleaning rotation, which is leaving me feeling like the house is under control for the first time in a while. It's been great! Today I cleaned my oven for the first time in *cough*. (Yeah, like I'm really going to admit that!) Easy-Off works!

Noah's evenings/bed times are getting better, I would say. Much better than in November, though not particularly great yet. We did have 2 nights in a row this week without any difficulty. That is a record, in case you were wondering!

We have been encouraged at church lately, with the salvation of 2 ladies in the last few months! We have also seen a spurt of new visitors coming, which is always a blessing.

Comments

I love Sense and Sensibility! Good book!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth