New Year, New Me?

Probably not. It seems like everywhere I look these days I see ads that say "New Year, New You!" These are companies that no doubt want to sell me their latest gimmicky weight-loss tools or that want to promote their product that promises to make me into Someone Spectacular. That's the theory behind many New Year's resolutions too. Turn over a new leaf. Be better than you were last year. Be the person you always wanted to be!

But I can't become a new person overnight. I can't change years of bad eating habits, disorganization, or lack of discipline just because it's January 1st. I have to have help in the form only God can provide. Apart from Him, I will join all the other people whose New Year's Resolutions are abandoned by March.

New Year, New Me?

No, I don't have grandiose plans of changing into Someone Spectacular, but here are some things I'll be working on this year with God's help:

1. Trying to learn as much as I can about God, and to know Him more deeply.
2. Trying to pass that knowledge and love for God on to my little boy.
3. Working to become more disciplined with my time. Less wasteful, more productive.

I know those are pretty broad, but I have little mini-goals and detailed steps prepared to break it down on a daily basis.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth