Gingerbread House

Noah has been begging me to make a gingerbread house ever since New Year's Eve, when he watched part of a gingerbread-house-building contest at TBC's fellowship. I looked at Target to see if they had any of the kits on clearance, but couldn't even find anything remotely Christmas-y on clearance there. Then I looked up a recipe online to see if I could make one from scratch. The recipe I found said it took 2-3 DAYS to complete.

Well that's just nuts.

So I prepared Noah for the fact that we may have to wait until next year to make one, and we went on about life. BUT!! At CVS the other night, I happened to look down at their Christmas clearance and saw one! Marked down to $2.91!!

Monday we put it together.








I have decided that gingerbread houses are much nicer to look at than they are to eat. I think the kit companies add cardboard flakes to the dough to make it durable, I really do. Oh well! Maybe if I made one from scratch it would be tastier.

'Course, then I'd have to wait 2-3 DAYS to find out.
(I still can't believe that.)

Comments

Carrie said…
so nice! That's one thing I haven' done with with the boys yet. I see Noah's tongue out in the one pic...that is what Abe does all the time now. I think all the time..he reminds me of Noah (face shape, blond hair, maybe onryness :) )

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth