The Heart of Anger

Really fast book review:

Last night I finished up The Heart of Anger, by Lou Priolo. I must say, I began reading it because I thought Noah was having issues with anger and I wanted to help him out. But in my reading, I discovered that it is likely I who is the angry one. This was such a helpful book for me! It helped me see so many areas where I need the Lord's help. The second part of the book was helpful for me with Noah, because Noah can be a master at manipulation. There were many helpful insights about manipulation that I am tucking away in my mind. I intend to reread The Heart of Anger when Noah is about 7 years old, because many of the tips are for children who are a little older (but still a beneficial book for any age).

Chapter 2 was titled, Provocative Parents, and listed 25 Ways that Parents Provoke Their Children To Anger. I personally was guilty of, oh, about 13 of them!! (Yikes!) I think the most serious one that I know we have a problem with was "Establishing and Maintaining A Child-Centered Home." With God's help, Josh and I are striving to make our home Christ-centered again.

Great book! I would recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth