Visit with Natalie

So my college roommate came in on Friday evening and left Sunday afternoon. Natalie and I had a great time catching up on each other's lives. I kept saying that Natalie looks exactly the same, and it's true! This girl hasn't aged in 10 years! :) I on the other hand, have added several gray hairs among other things.

Saturday we went to the local arts marked down by the river, went for a jet-ski ride, made an authentic Guam meal, and talked and talked and talked.

Natalie's life now is so fascinating to me, and I couldn't quit asking questions about all she's doing. She teaches high school English on Guam (it is "on Guam", by the way; I asked!). Do you know where Guam is? I didn't. *blushes* I definitely need to brush up on my geography. Guam is about a million miles away in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Go to Hawaii, and then go eight more hours by airplane and you'll hit Guam. It is 85-90 degrees all year round there, and they have Really Big Spiders. Sorry, Natalie, the spiders may keep me away! Well that, and the 30-hour airplane ride. (Can you imagine?)

Anyway, what a fun weekend to catch up with a dear friend.

And a great BIG shout-out to Josh who, not only celebrated his 3rd Father's Day this weekend, but watched Noah much of the day so that I could have time with my friend. They should have Husband's Day. I'd celebrate that! :)


Natalie would love me for putting this photo on here. HEE HEE!! Noah took this one.




Down by the river. We were under a bridge, which accounts for the darkness of the photo.


I should have warned Natalie about how very friendly Noah is. He asked her if she wanted to see his room about 50 times over the course of her visit. Thankfully, she had mercy on him and humored him a bit. They even read several stories together!


Just before Natalie left on Sunday. I'll miss you, friend! See you in another 10 years!?
Just think. By then we'll be FORTY! (I can't stand it!)



Comments

cj and family said…
Yikes. In another 10 years we'll be forty. That's just plain scary! Glad you had fun with your friend--she probably knows my friend Jenni who also has been teaching HS English on Guam. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth