You've Got Mail!


Remember how it felt as a kid to receive a letter addressed solely to YOU? The thrill of tearing open that letter always gave me a thrill of jubilant importance. This letter. For ME!


I was able to witness Noah express that same excitement when we opened the mail yesterday and discovered a letter from his "cousin" Samuel. (If he's my niece's child, how is he related to Noah? Any takers?) Inside was a dictated note, and an original painting by Samuel himself. :) Noah was so SO happy! He kept saying "Thank you, Samuel for sending me that letter!" as if Samuel could actually hear him.


Thank you, Marisa, for helping Samuel accomplish something so simple, yet so meaningful! And thank you Samuel for sending Noah a letter! Keep your eyes open for one of your own.


Snail mail is such a treat in this day of computers and junk mail. Who can you bless with a letter?

Comments

The Stewardess said…
I have to say, it was Samuel's idea to send the painting. We were going through some of his art work, and he said "how about I send this one to my cousin Noah?" (As I understand it, Noah and I are first cousins and Samuel and Noah are second cousins.) I knew when he said it that it was God whispering to his heart. What a wonderful way for two little boys who are family, but cannot see each other often, to grow a bond!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth