Excitement

I always had great roommates at college. Since roommates can tend to make or break dorm life at college (don't get me wrong; I know that happiness is not something controlled by circumstances, but it's easier to be happy as a dorm student when your roommates are great. I'm just saying.), I used to pray that all my roommates and I would get along and even be great friends.

Natalie was an answer to prayer.

She was one of my 3 roommates my sophomore year of college, and right from the beginning she and I bonded. We went to breakfast together almost every morning, and I'll tell you: any roommate who trudges off to breakfast with you at 6:55 in the morning is a saint. :) We eventually got to the point where we could finish each other's sentences, which to me is a really rare find in a friend.

Anyway, all that to say that Natalie is on her way to visit me for a couple days!! She now teaches high school in Guam (on Guam?), which isn't exactly close. She's on summer vacation and taking a trip around the country to visit people she hasn't seen in a while. That would be ME! I'm so excited that she is coming this way, and it will be so good to hear all about her life now. We were 19 when we roomed together, and now we're almost (deep breath) 30!

Can't wait to see her!

P.S. Somebody PLEASE remind me to take pictures while she's here. Thank you.

Comments

Natalie said…
I didn't see this before visiting, but thank you for the nice write-up. :-)I had a great time with you this weekend! I'm so glad that we were roommates and that we were--and still are!--friends after that.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth