A True Friend

Have you ever had someone tell you something that was not what you wanted to hear, but deep down you knew it was what you needed to hear? The loving honesty of a true friend is a wonderful thing:

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy....Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Pr 27:6, 17

My niece Marisa left me a comment on my blog post yesterday, and the Lord has used what she said in my heart to let me begin to see another perspective. Thank you, Marisa, for loving me enough to tell me what I needed to hear, rather than what I wanted to hear. I count you as my true friend! :)

My continuing prayer is that the Lord will help me rejoice in His will for me and to do it wholeheartedly, whatever that may mean.

"I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime." Ecc 3:12

"I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart." Ps 40:8



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth