An Unfair Exchange

I finished up Luke in my Bible reading today, and came across these verses:

Luke 24:46-47 "and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem."

Repentance for forgiveness of sins. Isn't that a marvelous thought?! I get to exchange repentance for forgiveness of sins because of Christ's sacrifice for me! What an "unfair" exchange; that I just need to repent and all my sins--not just some--will be forgiven. Forgiveness from all my selfishness, spite, pride, evil thoughts, laziness, jealousy, impatience, lack of faith, and the list goes on.... What a great God we serve! What absolute joy not to be held hostage by the nastiness inside me, and that God loves sinners (me!).

If that thought doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth