Wishing I Could Move On

I mentioned in my last post that Jen and I had the wonderful and relaxing opportunity to shop kidless all day yesterday. What a fantastic day we had! We began at a local thrift store, proceeded on to Kohl's, then to Ross, from there grabbed a bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A, and finished up at an outlet store.

What I didn't mention was that I got all weepy in front of Jen at the thrift store. How embarrassing! It was one of "those" infertility moments that blindside me from time to time. There we were in the kid section, looking for baby boy clothes (did I tell you Matt and Jen found out they're having a boy? Well, they are.). I was fine. Really, I was. Jen asked if I knew what was lacking in the tubs of Noah's old baby clothes, which are bound for their baby come July. I was still fine. I told her what I thought, and then she suggested that we both go through the tubs of clothes; so she could see them and so I could reminisce about the days when Noah used to wear them. A perfectly reasonable and sisterly-bonding-time idea, don't you think?

Except out of nowhere, I lost it. All of a sudden I couldn't bear the thought of seeing outfits Noah had worn as an infant and knowing I may never hold another baby of my own. It was overwhelming. Thankfully, the Lord helped me get control and we decided to move on to Ladies' Apparel and Housewares; much safer I guess. :)

I wish I could move on from this continual grief I feel. I wish I knew that there would be a day when all of this wouldn't be as painful. When I could smile at a pregnant lady instead of look the other way. We've been studying Job in Bible Study on Wednesday nights, and it has been helpful. I know that God has given me this trial on purpose and for a reason, even though I don't know what that reason is and may never know.

It's just that this grief is so persistent. It doesn't go away, and it hasn't lessened over time. I hope someday it will. I hope someday for the Lord to wipe the tears from my eyes, which He promises to do. I hope I am changed to be more Christlike through this trial. And I hope the Lord will answer my repeated prayers for a child.

We keep praying...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth