Nathan's Big Send-Off

I think I've mentioned Nathan before on this blog. He has been an influential part of the start of Truth Baptist Church here in Florida; building our pulpit, manning the sound equipment, and doing an excellent job at whatever his hands find to do.

As with most (if not all) Navy guys, we all knew that this day would eventually come, we just didn't know how soon. Nathan was training here in Jacksonville for about 6 months before he would be stationed somewhere for the next 3 years. I think I can safely say we ALL were praying that he and his family would be stationed here. The Lord had other plans though, and Nathan received his orders: to go to Washington state (which by the way has got to be just about as far away from Jacksonville as you can get without going to, say, Alaska!).

Knowing that the Lord's plans are best and believing that this will be the best for our church, Nathan's family, our country, and the Lord's glory, we had a big send-off dinner for Nathan after church on Sunday night.

Here are some pictures from the evening. And I must say THANK YOU to Josh's mom for taking the photos. Had she not been there, I doubt any pictures would have been taken by "me". (Have I mentioned before that picture-taking is not my forte? It's so not.)

This is the pulpit that Nathan built a few months ago.

A few of our people helping themselves to the buffet.
Nathan himself, in a rare photo. This man hates pictures!

Most of us who were in attendance last night. I *think* if you click on the photo, you can see it larger.



This is the beautiful cake that Laura made. Read that again, folks. SHE MADE IT!! I have never in my life seen a more beautiful cake or tasted such excellence that was, quite literally, homemade. I am still in awe. :)
Nathan, if you're reading this, we'll miss you! (We'll still miss you even if you're not reading this!) The Lord surely had him here at a crucial time for our church, and we loved having him be a part of our church. We'll keep him in our prayers as he serves in Washington and later is deployed.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth