My Mom Comes For a Visit

My mom flew in to Jacksonville on the 29th of December and spent a week with us. I know she especially loved seeing Noah, and we enjoyed having her here with us. It's nice to have someone to help make the food, and talk to during the day.

While she was here, I "made" her fix fried chicken with vegetables, biscuits, rice, and gravy for us, since that was my favorite meal growing up (and really is still right up there at the top of the list). We also had a good time going on outings in the mornings and resting in the afternoons.

Here are some pictures from the day we went to the zoo:




A rare luxury: feeding the giraffe! It costs $2 to feed the giraffe, which always makes Josh remark, "That's some pretty expensive lettuce!" But my mom took pity and dug deep on Noah's behalf. :) Thanks, Mom!




Giggling with glee


Still giggling!


They had a huge bouncy-slide set up for New Year's Eve, which Noah got to ride. I did too, because the hike to the top of the slide was a little too formidable for his 2-year-old self. It was a sacrifice on my part to make the climb to help Noah, but I endured (**tiny violins playing**)... and got to feel like a kid again myself! What fun!!



Me, Noah, and my Mom




Noah said, "This gorilla wants to hug me!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth