Hands-On Children's Museum

Jen, Brianne, Noah, and I went to a very cool place over the weekend as part of our monthly Playpals get-together. The Hands-On Children's Museum is not too far from here and was such a fun place to take the kids! Everything in there is touchable and kid-friendly, which is Kid Heaven, as you can imagine.

They have different stations all around the place set up as miniatures that you would find in the adult world: they have a post office where kids can sort "mail", stamp things, and open mailboxes. There is a huge wooden fire truck loaded with boots, real fireman hats and coats, there's a police station, veterinary clinic complete with x-ray machine and stuffed animals. They have a bank with real adding machines and computers, a grocery store with (empty) food boxes and a real cash register, a theater where kids can dress up and put on a show on-stage. Not to mention the pirate ship, train depot, and Noah's favorite; a basketball court with wheelchairs so you can play wheelchair basketball. They even have a ball-pit and 2 huge slides!

I must admit the germophobe in me was screaming in my ear the whole time we were there--the ball pit alone is enough to make me shiver--but I managed to quiet that down long enough to enjoy our time there. And there was plenty of soap and hot water when we got home. :)


When left to himself, Noah chose junk food to put in his cart.



Climbing into the police car look-a-like they had.


Why are ball pits so much fun? And why was my inner germophobe recoiling in disgust? :)


The slide out of the pirate ship



Future banker? Or just button-pusher?




We spent the bulk of our time right here, in the basketball court.





Who doesn't love puppets?




Brianne must have tried on 5 or 6 pairs of shoes. I think Noah tried on one pair and went back to the basketball. I think it's so funny how our male/female personalities are wired into us and are noticeable at such a young age!







Comments

Carrie said…
We went there one time. My boys really liked playing basketballs..in the wheelchairs. they weren't very interested in the puppets either. I never know with you if you are going to be screaming like a child with excitement about playing in the balls..or screaming inside about GERMS!
I went there I think after Joel's wedding with Melanie and her kids. We had a great time on a rainy day and burned up alot of energy. I would love to play with Noah and Brianne.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth