Must. Blog. More.

Getting ready to chop up some firewood. It. Was. COLD!!



Ugh, it's bothering me that I can't be on here more! Do you have things like that in your life? Things that are your Favorites, which must be put on the back burner to make way for the Dailies? This is the story of my life these days. :)

First, though I hate to take time for a weather report, I feel that I just must make an exception to tell you that it has been FREEZING COLD here for the past week and a half to two weeks. 20's at night. 30's-40's in the day. This makes for some rather lonely time at the park for Noah ("Where are all the kids, Mommy? Is it just us today?"), and some rather long days inside since I personally do not like the cold. In a pinch, I've been bundling him up and sending him outside in the backyard to play while I stay in the comfort of my 69 degree house. Under my electric blanket. Drinking hot tea. You get the idea. Thankfully, I do believe a warm-up is on the way. Look forward to future pictures of Noah without the hat on, and of Josh without the grimace on his face. :)

I've been couponing, and getting some good deals. I'll have to post more about those too soon.

The Lord has been working in my heart lately since our church family has been studying the book of Job on Wednesday nights. I'll have to post about that sometime.

I've been trying to order my priorities in this New Year, since I am finding more things to do in the day than I have hours in which to do them. Things I would love to do more of this year include (in no particular order)
  • Reading. Ahh the joy of sitting for 30 minutes uninterrupted with a book in my hands. Not that I really remember that joy! Folks, I'm still working on the same book I've been reading for 6 months! And it's an interesting book!!
  • Blogging. You know that story.
  • Drawing and Painting.
  • Card-making.
  • Playing with Noah. Doing more fun things with him.
  • Keeping better organized in our office.
  • Doing a better job staying connected with my family and friends.
  • More in-depth Bible reading, studying, and memorizing. Getting to know God better. Like in Job, He has sent me some trials that I don't handle the best way. I tend to pity-party, which is unpleasing to God. Would that I knew Him better and could thank Him in the midst of these trials!
  • Exercising 5 days a week. Let's face it: 6am shows up early, cold, and dark to my bedroom--I don't know about yours! It is So Hard to get up and exercise, yet I know it is good for me. Here's to setting the alarm!

What are some of your goals for this new year? I'd love to hear them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth