Packing Challenge

We're packing up today to head to Connecticut and then New Jersey later in the week. My niece Becca is getting married on Saturday (!!!) and we're excited to see our family.

Now to the challenge: It is currently 94 degrees here with a heat index of 103 degrees. I can't remember what it's like being chilly. ;) I've heard several people who live in New England say it's been a chilly spring and to pack my sweaters. Then I look at the weather forecast for this coming week and it's supposed to be in the 70's and 80's up there. So do I pack my sweaters or leave them out? Knowing me, I better bring at least one.

We'd appreciate prayer as we head out on the airplane tomorrow. Noah may miss his nap in the afternoon, which always makes thing interesting. Plus, as I've stated before, we "get to" hold Noah on our laps for the duration of the flights. I'm praying for an extra seat in our row and that Noah will obey and sit still.

Hopefully I'll be able to blog from the road so I don't get too behind. Can't wait for the wedding, Becca!

Comments

So excited to see you. I think probably one versatile sweater should do. It's not even really cold with the rain. I will be praying for little Noah. If you think about it, pray I get over this cold/fever thing by Saturday! Not good! Love you!

~Suze
cj and family said…
Suggestion for the plane ride...take a couple minutes at Walmart to pick up a couple brand new little toys for him (travel doodle pro, small lego set, toy car, a book, etc.--whatever might interest him.) If he's at all interested in coloring, bring a new coloring book and washable crayons also (or those special paint brushes that only paint on the special paper.) I think you'll find that even if you spend $10-15, it will be WELL worth the investment to have some new toys to interest him for the trip. As you play, try to make each one exciting enough to last 10-15 minutes, but be willing to just put it away and pull out a new one when the first gets boring. You can come back to it. Also, if M&Ms or something are good rewards for sitting sweetly, bring those too. :o) We traveled from SC to WA when our oldest (now 4) was about 16 months. With the special activities, it really went a lot better than I expected! BTW, congrats on the potty training success! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth