A Yard Sale of Our Own

Almost all of last week was spent preparing to have a yard sale. I've never had one before, and I had no idea how much planning and organizing goes into it before you can haul your merchandise out to the driveway to sell. Matt and Jen had some things to sell too, so Jen spent a significant amount of time helping me sort, clean, label, and display the growing piles of stuff. We held our sale yesterday from 8am to about 12:30pm. Minus a couple early-birds who showed up at 7:40am (what part of "8am-Noon" don't you people understand?) the sale went well and was enjoyable.

I am SO thankful for Jen who helped me hold down the fort while the sale was going on, and for my neighbor, Ashley who VOLUNTEERED to watch Noah for me during the yard sale so he wouldn't have to watch his toys being sold out from under him. :) Turns out his toys didn't really sell that well anyway, but I was still thankful that he was being entertained and I didn't have to keep him from touching everything.

Would I ever have another garage sale? Probably if I had to, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm more of a Yard Sale Go-er than a Yard Sale Have-er. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth